TONG & LUKITO HERESY INWARD CALL, IRRESISTIBLE CALL UNBIBLICAL HERESY
ALKITAB AJARKAN SIAPAPUN YG BERSERU PADA ALLAH, BUKAN SIAPA MENURUT TONG & LUKITO
In Romans 10:13, KJV “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Grammar kata kerja call itu potential mood--subjunctive harus diterima sbb:
“For everyone whosoever, on the condition that he/she may call for himself/herself on the name of the Lord, will be saved.”
Asumsinya: orang bisa call bisa berseru; subjunctive mood bukan paksaan dari luar tetapi kemauan dari dalam--bukan heresy Tong kosong eksegese tentang irresistible grace yang tidak ada dalam nats
• Everyone without the article in the original means every conceivable one
• Whosoever has an indefinite force in the original
• An, in the original, emphasizes a contingency: on the condition that
• may call for himself/herself–
– so potential: may, may not
– also self acting toward self in some way
• The passage is a quote from Joel 2:32, which speaks of reformation under the new covenant (Heb 9:9-10) from elect Jews to universal salvation―Jew and Greek
1) The construction here is very strong in calling attention to the unlimited mass of humanity―everyone, and whosoever; so the Atonement is not for a limited group from among the masses, but for the masses of the whole world.
2) may call is in a potential mood, so conditional–may call, [may not call]; if they do call, they will be saved, if not, no irresistible grace available, no efficacious call, no special inward call; it is conditioned by a potential mood (subjunctive) on calling for ones self, ruling out any irresistible grace.
3) Thus, salvation is for the masses, but they respond individually, conditionally―might/may.
4) Predestination unto salvation is flatly ruled out. The theory is an absurd man-made doctrine. It is exceedingly dangerous to ones eternal destiny, and blasphemes the God, Who is not willing that any should perish; this is the decree with which His purpose and the extent of the Atonement accords.